Erin Popelka is a reader, writer, and the founder of Must Read Fiction. Her short stories and essays have appeared in The Threepenny Review, Berkeley Fiction Review, and Main Street Rag, among others. As founder of Must Read Fiction, she facilitates an online community of readers, including author interviews, book recommendations, and free book giveaways. She lives in the Pacific Northwest.
That’s the official bio. Here are a few more fun facts about me…
Books I read over and over again:
- All the King’s Men by Robert Penn Warren
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
Things I do when I’m not reading or writing:
- Keep my dog busy. He’s a springer spaniel, so it takes some doing.
- Exercise: either CrossFit, swimming, or aerial silks. I’ve never done all three at the same time, but maybe one day…?
- Get outside with my spouse (and dog, see above).
- Knit. I’m quite proficient at knitting socks.
If I could only eat three foods for the rest of my life (and not have to worry about the effects of malnutrition):
- Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
My favorite question to ask folks: What novel do you wish everyone would read?